Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tumbling, Round Four




Oooo, just look at those thighs. I could eat them up!!

Last year I decided we were done with tumbling. So, last September was the first time in 7 1/2 years we were not at "the gym." But, when EG turned two in November, I decided to sign her up for the two year old preschool class. Mostly because all the others had and I didn't want her to be "left out."

So, today at 5 o'clock we took our baby girl to tumbling. She was so excited. She woke up from her nap wanting to go right away. I had to tell her it wasn't her time yet and she pouted. But, by the time we got in the car, she was ready to go.

She and I had talked about how she had to use her listening ears and had to be obedient. To listen to the coach. It was hard for her. She did great for the first few minutes and then her enthusiasm got the best of her. She had a hard time staying still. So, I let her stand up and kind of move around as long as she wasn't distracting anyone. A couple of times I had to grab her quick before she got on the equipment.

She had a blast doing the warm up exercises. She liked doing a forward roll and climbing the ladder. She enjoyed the balance beam and marched on it like a pro. The bear crawl bar left a little to be desired. But, she loved the trampoline.

It is a great experience for her to be around other kids for just a little bit. How to share and take turns. How to be patient and follow directions. I had fun too, spending a little time with my fast growing baby girl . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

She does look delicious.
Luke's in swimming lessons... and he loves it!

MollyMcFarland said...

My little lou lou bug!