Sunday, January 16, 2011

Not So Silent Sunday

I have stuff to say. Nothing major. But, didn't want to wait until the week got going. Because a lot of times I forget.

Story Number One: So, we were on our way to the grocery store yesterday and the girls informed me they wanted to buy bread with their own money. I, of course, wanted to know why they wanted their own bread. My first assumption, which was wrong, of course, was that they were tired of my whole wheat bread that I buy. Therefore, they figured out if they bought their own bread, they could eat that.

Many times I do not give my kids enough credit. This is what they really wanted to do with the bread. They have a window in their bedroom that faces the side of the house. There are a couple of trees there. They wanted to buy the bread to put on the window sill of their bedroom window.

They have a little bench pushed up to the window and their bird identification books and the "B" encyclopedia sitting on the bench. They were creating their own bird watching area. They wanted to attract birds, watch them and identify them.


Story Number Two: Yesterday the whole family went grocery shopping. We got a late start and had an errand to run first. And, we had tons of groceries to get. Almost needed a second cart.

Anyway, EG was horrible. She kept throwing everything she could get her hands on, out of the cart. After she took a bite of it first. Even her shoes. At one point, she was singing. Loudly. One lady gave us "the look." I cringed. I was hurrying. But, it was taking awhile.

We finally got to the check out line. Where, I admit, my patience were wearing thin. As I am helping hubby unload the groceries, I look up and the lady who "looked" at us was pulling in to our check out lane. She saw it was us and proceeded to the next lane over. Oh crap! We are one of THOSE families.

Last story: EG went to church in a cute red and black jumper with a black turtle neck. Her brown pom-pom boots (because I can't find her black Sunday shoes) and her camo hand me down jacket (because I can't seem to find her pretty black "fur lined" jacket.) Wish I would have gotten a picture because she was all mix matched.

Quite a sight we are these days . . .

No comments: