Saturday, January 15, 2011

I Hate . . .

the cold! Ugh! I live in the sunny south for goodness sake. The ironic part, though, and I love irony, is that for the first 18 years of my life, I lived where it is truly cold! So, it always cracks me up when I can't seem to get warm.

What on earth did I do before moving south? People say your blood thins. And I guess that explains it. Plus, I was a kid when I lived up north and kids don't mind the cold. Especially if you don't know any different.

But, I am tired of being cold. Cold outside. Cold in the house. Cold in my bed. Cold in the car. I am tired of wearing layers. I am tired of making kids where hats, shoes and jackets. You get the picture. Thankfully our van has seat warms. And they are working overtime. I can barely move I am so cold. I am lazier when I am cold. And that definitely can't be good.

My hands don't function because they don't feel anything. My skin is like an alligator. And my hands are cracking. Every time we touch one another, we shock each other. Sometimes it hurts.

To make matters worse we all have colds, coughs and runny noses. For going on at least 6 weeks. Because we are inside more, I think we just keep passing it back and forth.

One bonus is fires in the fireplace. Almost every night.

I don't like to complain. Well, those who really know me, know that is not entirely true. But, I am thoroughly ready for spring. Then, I reserve the right to complain about the heat. . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

I don't know how cold it is there, but I'm always coldest in Spring and Fall. Maybe because sometimes it's cool and sometimes it's warm and I'm either overdressed or underdressed and the furnace doesn't kick in even though it feels like it should.

I guess I'm more prepared in winter and I don't feel cold even though it's about 5 degrees outside right now.
Maybe the Packers' win has something to do with me feeling all warm and fuzzy :)

Diane Moody said...

I'm the opposite. I love winter, love the cold, LOVE snow. I'm all about bundling up. I live in flannel shirts and turtlenecks, thick socks and jeans. Heaven! Now, if we could just figure out how you can send your chills to me....

Actually, I think it has to do with the fact that I have a lot of natural "insulation" and you have none!! LOL!!! Pack on some pounds and warm up, sweetie! :D