Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stuff

I always thought the Flylady was a little cracked when she said get dressed first thing in the AM, all the way to lace up shoes. Now, I have done that pretty regularly for the last couple of weeks. And, I have got to tell you, it makes a difference. Even if I don't shower in the AM (which there are many days I don't) I still get dressed and put shoes on. I feel complete. Like I am ready for anything I might need to do.

I am an over achiever when it comes to picking out books and curriculum for the kids. There is so much out there. And, I want them to learn it all. Every book I never read, I want them to read. Every little program/study/focus that my favorite websites mention, I think we have to have. Today in the mail came two such books. I have no idea when I am going to fit them in.

Lately, on Wednesdays, I am not overly thrilled about the prospect of Meals on Wheels. I think part of the problem is, it has been sooooo cold. And the kids and I haven't felt the greatest. Runny noses, sore throats, coughs. Which means the kids can't go to the door with me. When I mentioned not doing our route today there was an audible groan of displeasure. So, needless to say we went. I asked God to use us as a blessing. Which I think we were and, as always, we were blessed. It is amusing to me, that after we get home, I am always glad we went.

For Christmas each kid got $20.00. But, the catch was, they had to take that money and go through the Samaritan's Purse catalogue and pick out stuff they want to donate to those less fortunate then them. So, we just finished that today. Four mosquito nets, one week's worth of milk, one week's worth of hot meals and a soccer ball.

We are taking the 100 day challenge which was thought up by a "fellow" blogger. We are to think about, pray about 3 positive habits we would like to work on for the next 100 days. Each day you write those three things down and then check them off as you complete them. We are cheating a little bit because we are going to do 30 days at a time. I am going to work on having a servant's heart toward hubby, take 10 minutes a day to work on my cards and read the Bible for myself everyday so as to finish it in a year. (I am currently reading through it with the kids but this challenge is just for me.) The two girls are to get back to my by Friday what their "challenges" are going to be.

Enough stuff for now . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I totally agree with the getting dressed early thing! (although I usually wear slippers, not shoes, in the house during winter).