Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Home Redos

For the last couple of years, little by little, we (or should I say daddy) has been updating, redoing rooms in the house. We have been here for over ten years and it is time. I am not a DIYer (Do It Yourself - which I just recently learned). But, daddy is. Which I am really very thankful for majority of the time. I believe we save money and get things done the way we (he) wants them. Flip side of it is, it can take A LONG TIME to get projects done. As of today we (he) have redone almost every room in the house except the kitchen, guest/CoCo/Mickey's room, and our master bath. (Now that I type it all out it seems we still have a ways to go.)

Anyway, we are currently doing the guest bath. Major overhaul. Paint, tile, replacing sink etc. Daddy does all of this on his days off. We are now in week number three I think (maybe finishing up week number two). Regardless, it has been a long time for all six (seven including EG) of us to use one bathroom (our master.) As of yesterday we thought we were close to being done (well at least be able to use the potty). But, daddy had to put the potty on before leaving for work this morning and we (he) ran into a hiccup. So, we have another whole day to be without a second potty. Now this is a problem for one big reason. For a number of hours during the day the master bedroom potty is inaccessible. EG sleeps in our room for naps because the rest of the house is so noisy. So, right before I put her down, every one HAS TO GO to the bathroom. If they don't it is out in the yard. Not a problem for the boys. BUT the girls object. Which I don't blame them. And yesterday it all worked out perfectly. No outside pottying (that I am aware of :)

But, I know how things work. Just cuz yesterday worked doesn't mean today is going to work. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the minute EG goes for a nap Boop will have to use the potty (if you know what I mean.) So I envision our morning looking something like this. "Everyone go potty. EG is taking a nap." Everyone complies. I finally get EG asleep and Boop will say "Mommy I HAVE to go potty." So, the only option I will have is to try to slip him into the bathroom without waking EG. Of course, she didn't sleep last night and might not get a nap this afternoon because of tumbling. She needs this nap.

Whose says life is boring . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

That is too funny -- peeing in the yard!

I am the worst at DIY projects. Todd is pretty good, but I don't like him to do them because they take up any free time he has, which takes up MY free time :)

Hope your bathroom is ready soon...

Ann said...

Paul came home early from work yesterday just to get us a working potty ;)