Friday, July 31, 2009

Weekend Trip

We leave tomorrow for an overnight trip. We are celebrating our grandma's birthday. It is a milestone. I would say the number but I don't think she wants word to get out :) We are getting together with my husband's family (minus his sister and her kids - well except for the one we have :) All 7 of us are traveling in the minivan. I think the two big boys are going to draw straws to see who is sitting in the way back with the girls. I am exempt because I get car sick :) The plan is to leave first thing in the morning after EG eats. Then the rest of us will get breakfast at McDonald's and eat in the car (ooooo I hate food in the car.)

Our car ride should only take about 2 1/2 hours depending on potty breaks. The plan is to swim all day and have a low country boil. I think that is like fish and shrimp and stuff all in a big pot outside. The kids will have a blast because they just love all of their cousins. My kids are the youngest so that means a house full of older kids to watch over them. The only wild card is EG. She is at such a tough stage. She likes to roll around on the floor and isn't real keen on being held. Then of course there is the nap and nighttime sleep thing. But as I have found out, I can do just about anything for a couple of days. I need to go buy one of those small highchair attach to a big chair kind of things. Of course that was one of the things I got rid of after Boop. (It never was one of my favorite pieces of baby stuff.) But we will need something in two weeks anyway when we travel to my mom's for a long weekend.

Well, I doubt I will post tomorrow or Sunday but hope to have some family pictures on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Have a great trip! I hope everything goes well for you in the car, and sleeping.