Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Tub



One of my favorite pieces of baby equipment has been this little blue tub. Hubby and I were discussing the other night whether or not this is the original tub we used with Nature Girl or not. By the shape it is in it is very possible. Although we have vague memories of having to buy a new one when Boop was born. Regardless, it has been an invaluable pieces of baby stuff. I remember each child getting their first bath in it. For Nature Girl, Little Mama and EG, it was in the kitchen sink. For Boop, it was our bathroom sink. (I guess I was afraid Boop would keep the girls awake if I bathed him in the kitchen sink.) I always got a picture of their first bath in the blue tub. Bath time with babies is so cool.

Up until then it was a "sponge bath" with a baby washcloth on my handy dandy yellow sponge. (Pictured as well.) The big yellow sponge came from one of my SILs. I have never seen one in a store and that is unfortunate because I would buy it for every pregnant woman I know. It has come in soooo handy. It was used for the nightly sponge bath. Then when the little guys moved up to the little blue tub, I would set the big yellow sponge on the counter with the bath towel over it. When the little guys would get out of the tub, I would lay them on it and wrap them up. It was soft and safe.

Now, the little blue tub is on its way out. I have this great desire to give it to someone but honestly it is in horrible shape. I just can't bare to put it out in the garbage. So, for now, it sits in our bedroom. Unused. Just sitting there awaiting its fate. It is the first major piece of baby equipment I will be getting rid of. (There have been other pieces but nothing I have been attached to or has served me so well.) I will be hanging on to the big yellow sponge for a little while longer. I put it on the bathroom floor with a baby towel over it right now. When I get EG out of the tub it is a safe, soft place for me to put her while I wrestle with Boop in the tub. ;)

I am seriously contemplating giving the big yellow sponge to the neighbor I barely know who is pregnant with her first child . . .

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

They make them (the yellow sponge)..got one at target this time around! Maybe you should buy the neighbor girl a new one :)

Ann said...

I will check it out when I get out that way ;)