Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Am a Copy Cat

When friends have great ideas, I love to steal them! So, I stole from a friend the idea for Backwards Night. This past weekend was daddy's long weekend to work. So I try, on occasion, to do things a little fun. To make the time pass. So that is where Backwards Night came in to play. I had rented Mulan from Netflix as we usually have movie night on the long weekend. So the twist was to do everything backwards. Way out of character for me! About 5PM I told the kids what we were doing. I told them they were going to brush their teeth first. Then take a shower. Once they were done with all that they could have a cookie. By that time, daddy would be home with pizza and we would have dinner! The very last thing they would do is watch a movie. Majority of them (Boop and Little Mama) thought it was great fun! Nature Girl informed me that she was NOT wearing her pajamas to dinner (not sure whether it was an age thing or just plain attitude :) I explained how I thought the night would be so much more fun if everyone participated. She begrudgingly put on her PJs. Once they were on, she was fine with the whole thing :) I just love stealing ideas from friends. I am waiting for the next great idea . . . :)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I was wondering where you were today...I missed your blog...glad I could give you an idea..it takes a lot of energy to be a "cool" mom sometimes but it is usually very worth it! Hey it is the summer, why not right!!!

Ann said...

Had computer problems again . . . it is weird without a computer :) Please feel free to send more ideas my way because I am definately NOT a cool mom :)