Friday, January 29, 2010

Calendars, Post It Notes and Notebooks

Just a few of my other addictions. I am so excited when Walmart or any other such store has notebooks for 10 cents. I think I have about 3 left from the last time that happened. I use notebooks for grocery lists, to-do lists, prayer journal, church and Sunday School notes, notes from my daily Bible readings, workbook for whatever "help" book I am reading. I have a fancy one that I use for long term to-do lists and party and event planning.

I couldn't live without Post-It notes! I have a large supply of them and use them for reminder notes and book marks. They can be found in a book, in my diaper bag, on the coffee machine. I take one with me when I go shopping at a store like Walmart or Target. At one point, while taking Experiencing God, I had the weekly Bible verse written on them hanging on my bathroom mirror, to use as a memory tool. (Wished I would have invested in 3M or whoever makes them.)

What would I do without my calendar. Well, at this point I have three of them. I just got another one in the mail yesterday. The first calendar or schedule is our school one. It is done weekly and lists out all the books and things we need to get accomplished for the week. I have one for each girl and as we read books or do math or science we check it off our list. The next calendar I have is monthly and then broken down into weeks with sections for a prayer list, reading list, journaling etc. In between months it has stories and quotes from Charlotte Mason. I was hoping the one I received in the mail yesterday would combine our weekly school schedule and my appointments calendar. But, I just don't think it is going to work. I got it for 1/2 price because we are half way through the school year. I took time yesterday to fill out the month of February and the first week of February. It has a shopping list and a reading list for each child, it has a budgeting spot and a field trip spot. It also asks a weekly catechism question and quotes from well known Christian writers. I like it, but I don't think it is going to work. I am giving it the month of February to see if I can use it.

What I want is a school year calendar. It would have a monthly calendar and then in between each month would be a weekly calendar, maybe broken down into hours with a place for subjects and notes. Then it would have "notebook" paper for each week. A place where I can put notes from school and a to-do list for the week, maybe even add a chore chart. It could also have a place at the beginning of the month for goals for the month, possible field trips or activity or library trips or service projects etc.

I would like one "calendar" that could take the place of my weekly school schedule, my fancy notebook and my monthly calendar. Then I would only have to keep up with four notebooks instead of like seven. Oh yeah, all for like fifteen bucks . . .

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YI, YI, YI my dear. How do you ever have time to keep so organized and keep track of everything? I'm confused just thinking about all those notebooks and calendars around the house. Your daily agenda makes me exhausted just reading about it.
Don't forget to take time to smell the roses! (Advice my Mom used to give me, and I regret today that I didn't listen.)

Ann said...

We didn't smell the roses today BUT we did have a girlie lunch with friends and I played a little basket ball with NG ;)

Kathryn said...

what about a planner like a teacher uses...have you looked at a school supply store? Like a lesson plan book of some sort....oh the thought of all that gets me excited!!! I love my calendar on my phone...and I love supplies such as you!!!

Ann said...

I will have to check out a school supply store. I am sure I would go crazy in there!! We are definitely kindred spirits!