Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Girls



Last night the girls and I watched the basketball game. The boys were in bed! They were so cute. When the score would get close they would hide under the blankets and then yell "Did they score?" One player was up at the line for a couple of freethrows. Nature Girl asked "Is that Kitchen?" She knows the players! Little Mama would chant and cheer. We watch sports together a lot. But I thought last night was especially amusing because it was just girls!


(Maids Costumes)

Then, this morning, around 6:14AM I here pitter patter in the kitchen. A minute later my alarm went off. Little Mama came in and said "Can you stay in your room?" I said sure. I was just getting up to take a shower. To say the least I was very curious. A minute later both girls came in. They explained to me that they wanted to make my coffee and breakfast but every thing was out of their reach and they weren't real sure how to make coffee!! I was floored!!!! I gave them great big hugs and told them how appreciative I was! But, if they wanted to go back to bed, I would wake them at 7:30 and then they could make breakfast and I would help when they needed it. They both broke out in big grins and happily went back to bed.

At 7:30, when I woke them for their quiet time, I found them both in the top bunk. Like two peas in a pod . . .

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

ahh, the pearls would have been so proud of you...you truly enjoyed your children today :)

Ann said...

Of course they are all in bed early tonight because they didn't obey ;) I guess it is because they were tired for getting up so early - ha, ha ;)