Saturday, January 23, 2010

Card Making







One thing I enjoy doing is making cards. I haven't made any in awhile except for my Christmas cards this past year. I did make 5 already for next year so I don't get in a jam like I did this year!

Most of the cards I make are for my friends. They order them for teachers' gifts or birthday invitations! I have made a couple of packages of "Thank You" cards for baby shower gifts. I have made Boop's birth announcements and all my Christmas cards since 2005. I am pretty sure I have made all of the girls' birthday party invitations.

I am not creative, at least I don't think so. But, I see a design in the catalogue or something some one else has made and I change it, modify it, add to or subtract from it and I end up with an original.

I am pretty sure I haven't made any money whatsoever on the deal. If you ask hubby I am sure he would agree. I enjoy it and making cards for some one else gives me a reason to do something I enjoy! I would like to have time to do it every week just to keep cards handy if some one wants to buy them or if I need one for a birthday or some other occasion. At the beginning of the year, I toyed with the idea of really pursuing my craft. Do little venue craft shows etc. But, now I am not so sure. That might have to wait another year or so.

But, my sissy called me a couple of days ago and asked me to make some bridal shower invitations and some bachelorette invitations. So, that will keep me busy and my creative juices flowing for now. It will also give me another great reason not to do housework. Just kidding. Sort of . . .

3 comments:

Diane Moody said...

I LOVE your cards! And I love that they give you ANNIE time, which is hard to find at this stage of your life, but so important.

By the way, "Sissy" didn't order those for HER bridal shower, etc, did she??? Did I miss an announcement???

Ann said...

No, they are for a good friend of hers. :)

Katie said...

You're so talented!