Monday, January 25, 2010

Church Family

I am so excited. The church we belong to for over 15 years finally has a senior pastor after searching for almost three years.

It has been a long hard road for our church and many did not think the church as a whole would survive. There were many times over the last couple of years that we have contemplated leaving. But, I am so glad that we didn't. The church body has learned so many things about itself as a whole and as individuals. I have learned so much about God's house and myself!

But, the most amazing thing about our new senior pastor is he has been a member for the last 27 years! He met his wife through our church, he was an associate pastor of our church, his children grew up in the church, he married hubby and I, and dedicated two of our children!

I was moved to tears yesterday when the elders called him to be our senior pastor. The whole church got up and clapped.

For so many years our church family was like a second family. And I cannot wait to see what God has in store for us now. Above all else, I know our new senior pastor will do his best to follow God's will for our church . . .

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Maybe Don could dedicate little Elle now if that is still something you want to do (not that it has to be done), if you do it, we want to come!

Ann said...

That thought has crossed my mind. I thought I might give him a couple weeks to get settled in and give him a call! And we would LOVE to have you all there!