Monday, January 11, 2010

Sundays

Sundays, after church, sometimes seem a little out of whack around here. It seems like, when we get home from worshipping the Lord with great music and excellent teaching, there should be a peace that stirs the heart, a peace that surrounds the house.

But, it seems to me that Sundays are not always so peaceful around here. The holiness doesn't make it home from church. I know much of the problem lies with me most of the time. I just expect, because it is Sunday and we just spent the last 2 1/2 hours learning about God and worshipping Him, that when we get home everyone will be on their best behavior. Including me. No sinning allowed on Sundays ;)

BUT, that doesn't usually happen. My expectations are always so vastly different from what really happens ;) Every one is hungry and maybe a little tired. We are in church clothes which are not always the most comfortable - pretty dresses, dress pants that can't get dirty etc., etc. etc. The baby has missed a nap. The house is usually cluttered because we left so early. We are a little off our routine.

But, I have also decided, that Satan comes to visit us for about 30 seconds on Sundays (other days too but that is a different blog post ;) I don't believe Satan can be everywhere at once so he doesn't spend a whole lot of time here on Sundays because he has so many other houses to visit, who have made it a priority to go to church. I decided yesterday, that part of the problem (not all of the "problem") is that on Sundays Satan works extra hard to frustrate those who truly want to follow Christ.

I don't like to give Satan too much credit. A lot of the "problems" I have being a Christian come from just my plain old disobedience to God. But, I do think Satan works a little overtime on Sundays . . .

No comments: