Friday, January 15, 2010

Shopping Experience

I decided last night, because daddy was working late, to take the kids to the mall for dinner and some shopping. We had Gymbucks and gift cards to spend! What a great time we had. Except for a couple minor incidents, our trip went very well.

But, the best part was just to see the difference between my two older girls! From the minute I found out I was having a second girl, I just assumed they would look alike. Don't ask me why because truly it makes no sense. But, from the moment Little Mama was born it was very evident that they were nothing alike. They don't look alike, they don't act alike, they have totally different motivations etc., etc., etc. And shopping yesterday just proves the uniqueness of each of my children!

Our first stop was Gymboree to spend our Gymbucks. This was my first time taking advantage of their program. It is a great thing! Because of the Gymbucks I had earned over the holidays, I basically received 50% off my entire purchase! For this store, I gave the kids guidance as to what they needed or what I was willing to spend money on.

EG got two new outfits for the price of one:




Boop doesn't need any more winter clothes right now but he wanted a pair of sunglasses:



Katie needed a dress for a wedding she is invited to and picked this out all on her own:



Little Mama didn't need anything in particular. But she loves skirts. This she can wear to church or when we go out:


The best part was our trip to Justice. They had gift cards from Auntie Karla. It was essentially their money to spend how they wished. I had basically two guidelines: 1. they needed to buy clothes and 2. their outfits had to be modest. The following is what each girl picked out. I am still chuckling over the absolute polar opposites of my two older girls! One spent every last dime. The other didn't want to spend too much. See if you can tell which is which ;)



I am still smiling over our experience last night and how much it told me about my girls. I honestly cannot wait to take them shopping again . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oooh, fun, shopping!
I love the outfits the girls picked out.

I have some Gymbucks to spend too!