Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Girl of Many Words


She just stares at my lips when I talk. You can see her little brain just soaking it all in. She is saying to herself "Hey, I can do that." Sometimes she moves her mouth and occasionally, very softly, she will try to repeat a word that I am saying to her.

The other night, as she was getting ready for bed, she was all cozy in her P.J.s and I said to her "EG you need to find your baby doll and bear." (The two things she HAS to sleep with.) And she took off towards where we keep her toys. She looked and looked in her toy area. She knew, understood, exactly what I was asking her. She understands so much!

I know the other kids were this way. But, it is amazing what you forget.

Last night we kept her up later than the other kids. Daddy wanted to spend some time with her and she was in a pretty good mood. So he and I started talking about her amazing "vocabulary." She says deer, dada, mama, NG (tee-tee), Boop (Coo-Coo), she tried LM but too many letters, CoCo, GaGa, (two grandmas), mine (ine), pray (ay and she folds her hands), please (ease), baby (baba), ear, eye, bye-bye, puppy (papa) and a lady at church Sunday, swears she said "amen" after the preacher was done praying.

A lot of the words you know what she is saying because it is near by or she is pointing at it. We, of course, think she is a genius. Just like we did with the others! I, we, just love this age . . .

2 comments:

Diane Moody said...

LOVE this stage of a baby's life! Sooooo adorable! And is there anything cuter than a baby's "language"?!

Hey! You got the logo fixed! Go Annie!!

Katie said...

I love this stage, too. Babies ARE geniuses. It is so amazing to watch them understand and think and respond.