Saturday, March 14, 2009

Celebrating Life

Today I am having a baby shower for a good friend. This is her third baby and she is having a little girl! I don't know what the etiquette is for baby showers and successive births but it has always been my thought that it is more about celebrating life. So, that is what we are going to do today! It is so great when a bunch of women get together for this purpose. It is such a happy occasion. Usually different generations are present and baby stories are told from a different era. It is always amazing to me what those moms who came before us had to do. When my mother-in-law had her first baby they didn't encourage nursing. They pushed formula and to hear her tell the story of what she had to do to make the formula you would of thought you had to have a science degree. I know my mom used cloth diapers with my brother and me. Just the thought of doing that makes my skin crawl! Now so much of what we do as a mom is taken for granted. Not necessarily a bad thing disposable diapers ;) Anyway, we will have snacks and drinks and talk as only women can do. I am sure the topics of conversation will revolve around families, marriages, babies, and sleep. And heaven knows we can all talk about that! Well, I suppose I need to go and get ready for our celebration of the latest blessing from God . . . :)

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

It was a blessing and I appreciate you and your thoughtfulness immensely! I had a great time!