Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Haircut


Your probably thinking "Big deal, hair cuts." Well, around here it is a big deal!! They so seldom get one. Up until yesterday poor Boop could put his hair into pigtails (which the girls did and I am pretty sure it was the straw that broke the camels back as far as daddy was concerned.) So yesterday our family outing was to go get haircuts for the kiddies. They of course did great. Nature Girl threw daddy a curve ball in that she wanted short hair. Daddy is adamantly against short hair. Go figure :) Anyway, I asked Daddy if he brushed her hair and he said "no." I suggested to him that I thought it would be easier for all of us if the girls could fix their own hair every morning. My children are blesses with very fine hair. You would be surprised of the little tiny knots it can get into. And, how long it takes to get those little knots out. The shorter the hair, the fewer the knots. We went to a place that is more like a barber shop. It is cheap and quick and you don't need an appointment. There is usually a couple of older men in there. As one of them was waiting to have his hair cut you could see him looking back and forth at me, my hubby and the kids. Finally he said "You can't deny who those kids belong to." We get that a lot! I always like it when someone is checking out our family and everyone is behaving. I think it is such a testimony. Anyway, the haircuts were awesome and I was glad we got it out of the way. We weren't such a great testimony at WalMart . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Awwww.... they look so cute.

Kathryn said...

Oh they look so cute...I love the short hair on the girls! It makes Katie look a little younger (don't tell her that) but I was just thinking how old she was looking in all those pictures I took from Emily's party. She could have been 13!