Thursday, March 5, 2009

Last 12 Hours

It all started about 8 o'clock last night. Daddy was trying to clip EG's nails. Well, we all know how hard that can be. We were all laying on the floor and I was reading. All of a sudden I hear a wail and I see blood. Lots of blood. The tip of EG's thumb was covered in blood and she was hysterical. No need to say what happened. It would only make daddy feel worse. After sending the kids to bed I walked around with EG for quite some time. The little thumb just kept bleeding. So finally I gave her a bath and she settled down. I knew it was going to be a long night. She would probably bump her thumb or suck it and she has also been real congested. Not the kind that runs out but the kind that runs down the back of the throat and you can't get it out with a bulb syringe. So finally at about 1:30 AM EG fell into a sound sleep. About an hour later Nature Girl came in frantic. "I gotta puke, I gotta puke." "Well, go in the bathroom and puke." And she did and did. TMI I know :) Anyway, I rubbed her back, got her a puke bucket and a towel, woke daddy to give him Nature Girl duty because I knew I had EG duty and back to bed we all went. According to daddy Nature Girl got up once more during the night. EG got up two more times. Finally at 7:30 AM everyone was up and moving. Daddy was on his way to work. Mommy was on her knees praying that it doesn't spread and EG's thumb is a little better. The bleeding had finally stopped. Oh what today will bring . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh,yuck, what a night. Always the middle of the night, right? Hoping and praying it doesn't spread and NG feels much, much better now.

I 'trimmed' Thomas' finger when he was a baby, oh I felt so bad. He seems fine now, though :)

Thinking of you today Mama.

Diane Moody said...

Goodness, what a week you've had! Prayers for a better night of REST for everyone tonight - and no more puking! I hope little EG's thumb is all better. The pictures of the haircuts are adorable and loved seeing the young gymnasts! We'll be looking for them in the Olympics one day! Love to all!