Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pretty in Purple




You would think considering I have two girls I would already have an abundance of girl clothes. But when I found out that baby number three was a boy I got rid of every single piece of girl clothing. And because we didn't find out the sex of baby number 4, I didn't have a bunch of new girls clothing to start out with. I also kind of thought that because I had done the girl thing before and because I am really not a shopper (which daddy is thankful for), I wouldn't get caught up in shopping for a baby girl! Well, I was wrong! I haven't shopped for a baby girl in almost 8 years. You figure I had baby girl number two 22 mos after baby girl number one so baby girl number two wore most of baby girl number one's clothes. Of course, I shop for the older girls now and it is fun. BUT, baby girl clothes are addicting!! And so tiny and so cute!! (And she will wear whatever I buy.) I have spent the better part of the past weekend shopping for baby girl clothes. She is growing like a weed. Plus, it got hot quick and I had no clothes for spring or summer. EG looks best in purple just like Little Mama. Their skin isn't quite so fair as Boop and Nature Girl. And it looks like EG will have darker hair like Little Mama. Plus, she has these deep, dark blue eyes. So purple will be the color of choice. I also spent a little time trying to find matching Easter outfits for everyone. I was inspired by my friend Kathryn to do this. When the girls were little I used to buy matching dresses all the time. It was easy then. Now, each girl has their own style so it was a little bit more problematic. Not to mention finding something for Boop and then get a dress in a baby girl size. Finally, my last stop was Gymboree. I was tired and frustrated. The lady asked me if I needed help. I told her I was trying to find matching dresses for the girls. She asked me how many girls. I told her three ranging in size 7 to 3-6 mos. She told me what I needed to do was coordinate dresses. That with three girls matching dresses gets to be a little much. Plus, they are hard to find. She knew what she was talking about because she had 4 girls of her own. So coordinating it was. Poor Boop kept asking when he would get his outfit. I told him "After I picked out the girls." Anyway, I have assured daddy I am done for now. I have bought enough clothes to get us through the next couple of months. Hopefully through spring and part of summer. I try to clothes shop twice a year - spring and fall. But, who knows what I might see when and if I ever go shopping again. . .

5 comments:

Katie said...

Gosh, she's so cute! I want to squish her a little bit.

Kathryn said...

She is so adorable...I've got to hold her at ballet today. She isn't allowed to sleep the whole time!

Ann said...

Yeah, I was thinkin' when your baby comes you will no longer be holding my baby. ;)

Ann said...

Katie - I love to pinch her cheeks and kiss her neck - aahhh ;)

Diane Moody said...

Oh my GOSH, is she beautiful or what?! Yeah, tell Oprah to find another color because purple is DEFINITLEY EG's color! Love to all! Miss you!