Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Snoring

I love my husband. He is a great husband and father. But, I didn't realize how much he snores until I started feeding EG 2-3 times a night. I have to poke and prod him to get him to change positions. He has asked me why all of a sudden now is it such a big deal that he snorts and snores in his sleep. It is two fold. First, I guess I never noticed it before because I was asleep. It is amazing what you get used to during the night time hours. For 6 years I have gotten used to his alarm going off at 4AM, him showering and putting on all of his law enforcement gear. There were many nights that I never even heard him. (Now while the baby is in our room he gets ready elsewhere.) So, I guess I got used to his snoring. Second, because I am up numerous times in the night, I just hear it. I suppose it really isn't all that bad but I am so worried it will wake EG after I have just spent 20 minutes nursing her back to sleep. Also, if I do manage to get her back down, I have to listen to it until I can fall asleep. I am a light sleeper and it takes me awhile to wind down and I guess his noise making hinders the process. Such is life I guess ;) This to shall pass . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Don't EVEN get me started on snoring!