Monday, March 16, 2009

A Trip to the Grocery Store

Daddy is officially off paternity leave :) He has been back to work since the end of December but has kept on some of his paternity leave duties such as baths on days he doesn't work and grocery shopping. Friday he went grocery shopping with a big long list. I think he had Boop with him. (He will take one or two kids.) Anyway, he ran into a friend of ours and she asked him "Do you like to grocery shop?" He said sure because he liked to cook. The friend looked at him with such wonder on her face. He was waiting for a marriage proposal! Anyway, yesterday was my first outing to the grocery store with the kids (well minus one she was at choir.) I have been to the grocery store with the kids before to get a couple of items but not with the long weekly grocery list. We said a prayer before we went in. I explained the rules of not touching, staying by the cart, not asking for things and trying to stay out of other shopper's way. If they succeeded they would get a cookie. I suppose it could have been worse. They have been used to shopping with daddy and I think he might be a little more lenient. It was a little crazy and of course we couldn't help but get in other shopper's way. Little Mama had to hold one side of the cart and Boop the other so we kind of took up the whole aisle. But if they didn't hold the cart they would go dancing and running down the aisle. I had to do quite of bit of reminding. I was a little stressed because in just a few short months they had changed some things around. Some of the groceries we usually get were in strange places. Of course, a couple of people made comments like "Oh, you have your hands full." I wanted to say "Yeah, and I am missing one." The bakery lady knows Boop so had to come over and give him a big old hug so that was cute. Up until having EG, I would never have let the baggers help me out with my groceries. I always felt there was someone more in need. Honestly, now, I ask for help even if they don't offer it!! It is soooo much easier to just load kids instead of kids and groceries. Now if I could just get the bagger to come home with me!! I guess the trip was a success so I am sure we will be going again. One less thing daddy needs to do on his days off . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Just back from the grocery store myself, but I only went with two of them today. They were good, but I had some unexplained Froot Loops in my cart!