Saturday, March 21, 2009

Four Month Check Up

Yesterday EG had her 4 mos doctor's check up. The doctor said she looked perfect! She was so good. I always feel so bad because she gets poked and prodded and yesterday she got shots :( She weighed 12lbs 4oz. I was a little disappointed with that. I was sure she had gained a ton of weight. I am still nursing and giving supplemental bottles as needed. The doc said it was nothing to worry about but that we should keep on eye on it. I was really hoping if she had gained a lot of weight I could not worry so much about supplementing. But I fear without the supplement she would not have even gained a pound this month. Because she is not sleeping well at night the doctor suggested we start giving her cereal. So I guess I will try that next week. She is 25 inches long and I was OK with that! The doctor said she is very strong. She was trying to bend her legs to check her hip joints and EG would not let her bend her knee. She kept it straight out in front of her. The doctor had to distract her so she could bend her leg and hip when she wasn't paying attention. I obsess about the soft spot on her head (I have with all of the kids). It seemed still really big to me. The doctor measured that to keep an eye on it as well but she said not to be concerned. They are going to do an ultrasound and the bruised, fatty mass under her arm. Again, they say it isn't anything to be worried about but it doesn't hurt to check it out. All and all it was a good trip. All of the kids were well behaved. When it came time for EG's shots the kids asked to step out into the hallway. They couldn't bare to hear her scream and see her cry. I totally understood because I couldn't hardly bare it myself . . .

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

Happy to hear of EG's good doctor visit. How funny that she kept those little legs straight out - a girl who knows what she likes or doesn't like! She'll do just fine in life!

Also congrats on the Bike Babe learning how to ride with now training wheels! Woo hoo!!

Love to all!
Diane