Friday, July 9, 2010

Blueberry Picking




This week I took the kids blueberry picking with friends. And, thanks to my friend, I have some pictures! The kids had a blast picking the big, fat berries.

They each had a gallon jug tied around them and they went from bush to bush gathering berries. Eating a few in between, I might add.

EG went from bush to bush and just shoved berries in her mouth. At one point, she just sat down and ate them off of the ground. I couldn't help but think of the book Blueberries for Sal (minus the bear, of course.) I ended up paying $2 just for all the berries she ate while we were there.

The kids had a great time picking berries with their friends. (I did too.) And now we have berries to last us through the winter. Well, maybe not that long, but certainly a month or two. If we have room in our new refrigerator we may have to go back and get more . . .

3 comments:

Diane Moody said...

HOW FUN!! But tell me what you do with all your berries? Do you freeze some or just use them up asap?

Katie said...

mmmm blueberries.

Love the first picture -- Boop and his friend -- so sweet.

Ann said...

We freeze some. I see blueberry muffins in our future and blueberry pancakes Tues for dinner ;)