Sunday, July 18, 2010

Not So Silent Sunday

Figured I would just run down how our trip to the amusement park went yesterday while it is fresh in my memory. I have no pictures because it was 100 degrees there (literally), there were 50 million people there (figuratively), 5 kids 10 and under (one of which was EG) and lastly, I couldn't find it through the 3 bags ,plus of "stuff" we brought.

I prayed and had a talk with myself to just relax and all will be well. And it worked! We had a really, really good time!

We didn't leave the house until after lunch and picked up Nature Girl's friend on the way out of town. Both EG and Boop slept on the way, which was a blessing because I knew it was going to be a really long day and a really late night.

We had a plan, not that we stuck to it, but, we had one any way. Each kid got to pick one ride (two if the lines weren't too long) and then we did a couple of all kid inclusive rides. Highlights were, once again, EG and I didn't get to ride any rides (no big surprise), NG's friend HATED the Hang Man and Boop was big enough to go on the Swamp Thing - he was totally psyched and it was totally cool!

Then we ate and went to the water park to play and cool off before the concert. The water park was definitely a highlight. They have a great toddler pool, which EG loved, for about 5 minutes. Then, she wanted to be where the big kids played. Daddy had big kid duty (and Boop) and I just had to follow EG everywhere. I can't tell how many times someone stopped me to tell me how cute she was AND how determined she looked.

ALL the kids did sooooo well to obey the few rules we had. One was to stay with their buddies (I kind of paired everyone up) and the other, at the water park, was to check in with me every time they came down a slide. As you can imagine, it was impossible to see everyone all the time. That part was a little stressful. But, because the big girls did exactly as I told them, it worked out beautifully. Daddy had Boop by his side the whole time, so that worked out too.

The girls and Daddy rode the water slides and the littles and I went in the wave pool. And, by 7 o'clock when the water parked closed, every one got out willingly. Even EG, after one escape attempt back to the toddler pool!

So, actually the best part was the concert. Daddy, when we first got the park, set up our cooler and chairs, so we had pretty decent spots. And, nowadays, they have big screens so everyone could see no matter where they sat.

The venue was VERY family friendly. There was a family with 5 little kids, back and to the right of us. And right behind us was a family with a son EG's age. The concert was great. It was G rated so that made it even better! EG danced to a couple of songs. Boop even danced to one. I wanted hubby to dance with me for one song but he politely declined. :)

We stayed until the very end. Which actually worked out well, because that was right about the time EG started to have her melt down. If there was one down side, I would have to say it was the almost hour it took us to get out of the parking lot! It was just unexpected. But next time we will know.

Because everything went so well, I think we might attempt to go back for Third Day in September . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like such a busy day....glad everyone did well and had fun. Love your attitude :)