Monday, July 19, 2010

Book Reviews - Dinner With a Perfect Stranger

And A Day With a Perfect Stranger.

Dinner needs to be the first one to read, then, if possible, follow it up by reading A Day. Two easy but wonderful reads! I was able to finish both books in about a week. Because they were so easy to read, if I had a few minutes, I would grab a book and read a page or two.

I thought I would just type a favorite quote from each book. If you haven't read them, I hope the quotes encourage you to look into them. Quick, small books, packed with a great story about a real, meaningful relationship with our Heavenly Father.

Dinner With a Perfect Stranger - "You're bored, Nick. You were made for more than this. You're worried about God stealing your fun, but you've got it backward. You're like a kid who doesn't want to leave for Disney World because he's having fun making mud pies by the curb. He doesn't realize that what's being offered is so much better. There's no adventure like being joined to the Creator of the universe."

A Day With a Perfect Stranger - the stranger is talking with Mattie about her two year old daughter, Sara. "Let me ask you this. If there was a God who created everything, don't you think it's possible that he would feel the same way about you that you feel about Sara? Love you as much? Want to give you the world? Want to be as connected to you as you are to her? In other words, is it possible that your love for Sara is a reflection of who the Creator is?"

What a summer of great books . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Love the quotes... I may have to check these books out, I'm looking for some new ones.

Ann said...

I liked them because they were so easy to read!! But not trivial. Ya know what I mean ;)