Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Refrigerator vs. Tuition

And I am sad to say the refrigerator won. My tuition for my first semester at Liberty is due. I am taking (was taking) two 8 week classes. I think Old Testament and New Testament Survey. I was psyched but nervous. How on earth was I going to do it all?

But, as of this past Sunday, I don't have to worry about it anymore. Our fridge is on its last legs. Barely keeping stuff frozen and cool. It is 17 years old, SO we are due for a new one. Doesn't make sense to call someone out to look at it and fix it, ya know.

So, the inevitable had to be excepted. Oh sure, I am disappointed. I was excited to go back to school. To learn all I can about the bible and Christianity. In all honesty, I can probably learn the stuff myself. But, unless I am held accountable, my personal edification, most times, gets lost in the shuffle.

I know God has a plan for me. And right now it seems to be a refrigerator instead of being a theology student. I am OK with that. I will try again for next semester. And, maybe in the meantime, I will search around for some scholarships for stay-at-home moms who want to go back to school.

I will just have to be patient. A recurring theme in my life. Hmmm . . .

2 comments:

Diane Moody said...

Wow. I think "Joven" wants you to be a follower! Ya think? A friend of yours?

Hey, don't feel bad. It's just part of life and there will be plenty of time for schooling, Annie. I can't imagine how you'd ever get it all done - especially after seeing how tough it's been for Teresa! But if it's your heart's desire, God will make a time for it - unfortunately on HIS time plan! And by the way, when you're ready to work on your doctorate, Morlee is now in charge of that program at Midwestern Seminary in Kansas City! FYI!!!

Gotta love dying appliances. Our oven has been on life-support for a year . . . our stove works once in a blue moon . . . and yesterday our 9-month old microwave went out. I told Ken we'll be ordering out a lot since he's not in a big hurry to get them fixed. (Can we say NO FUNDS?!)

Aint it fun?

Ann said...

Don't know joven.

Thanks for the support. I know everything has to be in God's timing. So, I will wait. And, I probably was getting a little ahead of myself. It's just when I get an idea in my brain, I just take off with it. Sometimes not always thinking it through. But, I will go back to school someday. Sooner rather than later I hope ;)

New fridge delivered tomorrow!