Friday, September 19, 2008

Missing Our Girlies

We are blessed to have family in town. Last night Little Mama got to stay with Grandma and Nature Girl got to stay with Sissy. I am sure they had a big time. They count down days and make lists of all the things that they want to do together. Little Mama's list consisted of mostly places to eat. I am pretty sure if she had stayed with Grandma for a whole week they couldn't have eaten at all of the places she had listed!! I do know she got two milkshakes yesterday which could explain why she was so giddy when I spoke to her at bedtime :) Nature Girl's list consisted of shopping. I believe she and Sissy got to at least one store and Sissy bought her a Build-A-Bear. I am glad that they have those times to spend with family. But, Boop and I were lonely!! It was so quiet here last night. Only one bath to give, one set of teeth to brush, one pair of P.J.s to put on. I let Boop stay up later because I didn't mind him hanging out. We read a book together and took our time getting tucked in to bed. Then it was sooooo quiet. No trips to the bathroom, no last minute questions or requests. As much as I hate to admit it, I was lonely. It was too quiet, too calm, too relaxed. Don't miss understand, when they ask again I won't say "no." But, I do miss them terribly when they are away . . . .

No comments: