Friday, September 12, 2008

Sweet, Sensitive and Sassy

Sweet:

Last night during our nightly story reading time the usual disagreement broke out as to who gets to sit next to mommy. When daddy is home during story time it usually works out because someone is usually happy to sit with him. But when it is just mommy there are only so many sides to go around and unfortunately there isn't any lap anymore. So, it is a big rush to see who gets next to mommy first. Well, the same two usually win so I try to remember who did what the night before and I try to be fair. Last night it was Boop who didn't get a side. He was visibly upset and he pouts real good. Little Mama looked over at him and said "Boop you can sit next to mommy tonight. I will sit next to her tomorrow." She truly is sweet!

Sensitive:

Yesterday was hard to escape that it was 9/11. The kids and I have been talking about it lately because the World Trade Center had been mentioned in a book we had read recently. When trying to explain what happened, I didn't go into great detail. There will be plenty of time for that but I did feel it was necessary to relate the gravity of the event. I just did not include all of the gory details. Nature Girl, who is usually my "water off a duck's back" girl was very interested in the whole thing. Who, what, where, when and most importantly why. I did my best to answer her very honest and compelling questions. You could see she was thinking, pondering, reasoning, caring. It was so incredible to me to have a conversation with the caring heart of a seven year old about something that has changed our nation.


Sassy:

Last night I was helping Boop out of the tub.

Boop: I don't need help.

Mommy: I guess you are big boy. You are not my baby anymore. What would mommy do with out a baby??

Boop: Probably nothin'

Mommy: Yeah, your probably right :)

He is sassy . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I like your sweet girl....