Monday, September 22, 2008

Small Large Family

I love large families!! I mean LARGE families 6, 9, 10 kids! I love the dynamics of them. How they live, how they survive, the logistics of it all. I know a number of large families. My aunt had 14 kids in like 16 years. It has been my experience that they are usually pretty close. The older ones know how to take care of the younger ones (what great learning experiences for life.) Everyone has responsibilities that have to get done in order for life to work. Generally speaking the children are respectiful and willing to help others. I admire the parents - the moms and dads who are willing to take on such an awesome challenge. They live Psalm 127:3-5 ". . . Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them . . . " I have a friend who has 4 boys and she calls her family a small large family. I like that. As we get closer to the birth day of our fourth child I am excited to be a larger family and to see all that God has instore for us . . .

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like this won't be your last baby!

Katie said...

If age wasn't a factor, if everything could be how you want it to be, how many children would you have if you could?

Ann said...

Katie - If I had started earlier - like in my 20s and hubby was on board I would like to think in my dreamy perfect world I would leave it entirely up to God. Easy for me to say now ;) How about you??? Very provacative question!! Why don't we live next door to each other????? Wanna move??

Auntie Karla - According to Paul we are done :)

Katie said...

It is a hard question to answer in a small space. My ideal would be not too big, not too small. 4 or 5 or 6 children.
p.s. I can't move, all my babysitters are here!