Friday, December 12, 2008

The Recycling Man and Other Things

Yesterday was Thursday which I guess I knew because I called Daddy to make sure he put out the recycling can and the garbage can. I would have done it but it was pouring rain :) Anyway, he had and I was thankful! About 9:30 I heard all of this big time honking of a horn. It wasn't a car horn it was like a truck of some sort - strong and loud. I thought maybe we were getting something delivered and the delivery truck needed someone to move or was going backwards. My curiosity got the better of me and I looked out the front window. IT WAS THE RECYCLING TRUCK. Every Thursday during school when the recycling truck would come Boop would want to run out and watch them empty the can. Because we haven't been in school and things are a little crazy, Boop has probably missed the last couple of Thursdays. Well yesterday the guys were honking for Boop to come out and watch them. They honked and they honked and they honked. I am sure the neighbors were annoyed! Anyway, Boop was in his room so I opened the front door and ran to get him. He was still in his PJs and it was sooo wet outside. But he ran to the end of the driveway and the recycle guy said "Hey little man!" Everyone smiled and waved to each other. I said "Thank you." It was sooo cool. I had to call daddy and tell him. Today, if I get a chance I am going to email Waste Management and let them know what great guys they have!!

Last night we had a pizza picnic and watched White Christmas (with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye). There is a song in the movie called "Sisters, sisters." The two main ladies in the movie sang it over and over. Last night in the shower I heard the girls singing it over and over :) Then when they had put on their matching night gowns they gave us a show. Singing and dancing to the song "Sisters, Sisters." They choreographed it and everything. It really was quite good!!

While nursing EG, she takes her hand and rubs it up and down my side. It is sooo soft.

Today we are going to get our tree - yeah!!

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

That story of the recyle guys honking and honking for Boop to come out - oh my goodness! That just warms the heart to think those big ol' lugs cared enough to let Boop know they wanted to see him! Seriously, that kind of thing restores some of the HOPE that is so missing right now in our world. The little things. Y'know?

P.S. I LOVE that movie and especially that song! SO adorable that the girls were singing it!