Saturday, December 20, 2008

Smiles and Coos

This is when all the hard work, sleepless nights, and endless feedings pay off. The first smiles and coos! I had wanted to post a picture as well because we know a good post always includes a picture. BUT, because of the delay in digital cameras and the fact that she smiles when the camera is no where around, I was not able to do so. You will just have to picture it in your mind (like a really good book.) What a great surprise the other day when I was talking to EG and a beautiful smile appeared upon her lips. It wasn't a gas smile. I could tell by the look in her eyes. You know the look - Aahhh, this is my mommy talking to me and I love her soooo much - big smile! Her eyes dance - I think they actually glow. It changes her cheeks and her nose - they kind of wrinkle. Then the sound, that pucker of the lips and the "Oooh, coo, ahroo." I love doing it back - our first conversation. It says "All is well with the world right now." "I am happy and content. I don't need food or sleep. I just want to be right where I am . . . " Oh how I love this stage. It is what I remember every time I think about a baby. Such sweet memories . . .

2 comments:

Diane Moody said...

SO sweet. Those are the moments when the mental cameras roll and capture things never to be forgotten. Adorable!

Katie said...

Those first smiles - so elusive. And so precious.