Monday, December 8, 2008

Tidbits for Today

We did not get to go to the parade this year. My friend had sick children so we had to cancel. It was too cold and too crowded to sit on the street to watch the parade. (We have become spoiled!) The kids didn't seem to mind as much as I did! To make up for the disappointment, Daddy ordered Sonny's and took them for a 4 wheeler ride around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights. All is well that ends well . . .

Boop to Daddy: "When I get older can I drink coffee?" Obviously a food group in our house . . .

The girls spent yesterday afternoon at Grandma's helping decorate her house for Christmas and making brownies. The had a really wonderful time. Nature Girl likes the decorating and the feeling of Christmas and Little Mama likes the baking. Something for everyone . . .

On Friday I had to give EG a bottle. I was so afraid to do it because I was afraid she wouldn't nurse any more. But, she took the bottle and is still continuing to nurse. I gave her one bottle Saturday and one Sunday. I will continue to do so in the afternoons until it is no longer needed. We go to the doc today to get weighed . . .

Daddy is back to work today. But he hopes to be home by 3 o'clock . . .

This weekend I started a Bible study with a friend. We are going to take the next couple weeks and study the book of Psalms. We are doing it for our own edification but also as a way to keep us accountable for reading and living God's word. We are reading chapters 1-4 this week . . .

Confession: I love routine and structure. It is a security blanket for me. It helps maintain/retain confidence in what I do every day. I struggle big time with flexibility and the unexpected. As I was loading the washer and dryer this morning it hit me like a ton a bricks. Routine and structure are my idols. They take away from my faith in God. He is in control not the routine and structure I make up everyday for my security. I believe that God is a God of order so I don't think having a plan is a sin but my faith and comfort and confidence and happiness and security need to come from Him, He who sent His Son for my salvation. Hmmmm . . . .

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

Psalm 139 is my favorite. I keep finding my way back to it over and over and over. I'm so proud of you for doing the study with your friend. Accountability makes such a difference!

BTW, yesterday's pictures - adorable!

You guys are always in my prayers!
d