Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Room Redo

So one of the reasons I was kind of thinking baby number four was a boy was for bedroom purposes. I know that sounds so silly and trivial but honest! Now that baby EG is here we have been starting to figure out exactly where she is going to sleep. I have heard stories about babies in bottom dresser drawers and in bathrooms. You have to do what you have to do when you don't have rooms for everyone (which I don't necessarily believe in anyway.) Boop, obviously will have his own room but we are trying to determine when exactly that might be. He sleeps in a twin now and the crib is in his room. The girls currently have these massive bunk beds - loft beds their called. They take up a ton of room. I think we should situate EG in the girls room sooner rather then later. The girls want their baby sister with them soon ;) Isn't that sweet?? The girls room hasn't been redone since Nature Girl was born. Time for new paint etc. So might as well just make it a room for three. We are currently looking for much smaller bunk beds so we can fit a crib and then a twin bed into the girls room. It will be tight and not much personal space but just another way for everyone to learn unselfishness :) Anyway, I have had great advice from those in similar situations. One friend came over and assessed the room and said it could be done and she told me how her three daughters' room was set up. (They also have just one boy who has a room all to himself.) Another friend suggested not using a trundle because there is no place during the day for one girl to "retreat" to. At least if she has her own bed in a crowded room someplace is hers. After some thought, it made sense to me. Everyone needs a place to call their own! A place to sit, rest, read, dream etc. I am looking forward to redoing the girls room. I envision pinks and purples and either polka dots or flowers. I will let the girls have a say but it will all be preapproved by mommy and daddy. No animal prints. We will have to get rid of some stuff to make room for more stuff but that is OK with me. It will take some organizing and some sacrificing. But, I look forward to the end result. If I think of it maybe I will take before and after pictures . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love the fact that my big boys have shared a room for almost five years now. I wanted baby number four to be a girl so Leah could share a room too! Once Luke arrived, I decided that he WILL share a room with Leah anyway. Eventually. I'm thinking when Luke is two.
I love a room redo. I hope you post before/after pictures.