Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Special Day

Yesterday was a special day for the kiddies. Auntie Karla (our friend from the north) had bought each child a gift certificate to The Children's Place and then promised to take them to lunch and shopping sometime before she left to go back home. Yesterday was the big day. Grandma and Auntie Karla picked them up around noon and took them to lunch and then off on the big shopping spree. Everyone got to go. Even Boop. (Well, except for EG of course) They went to Chick-fil-A and then to the mall. The girls also brought along their gift certificates to Claire's and Bath and Body. They got to ride in a mall stroller that looked like a fire engine. "It cost five bucks," exclaimed Nature Girl. (She is the one concerned about how much things cost.) I hate to make too many calls when the kids are gone for fear that whoever has them will think I am checking up. (I ask daddy to call at least once ;) Even though I enjoy the peace and quiet, I can never really shake the concern I have when they are out of my sight. I always give strict instructions to the kids and also to whoever is taking them - always hold hands, never let them out of your sight and no running off. It just makes me feel better. I finally called around 4:30 just to check in. I think Grandma and Auntie Karla had had enough shopping for the day, they were on their way home. The kids picked our great clothes. Each one has their own style and it showed. After showing off their purchase Grandma and Auntie Karla went home to take a nap. It might be awhile before they go shopping again . . .

No comments: