Monday, December 1, 2008

Sleep

Now I am not complaining because in the sleep department things could be a lot worse. I have a beautiful baby girl who doesn't mind sleeping but she does have a preference as to where she sleeps. When hubby went on his trip I just wanted sleep at any cost so if that meant in my arms that was OK. We have managed to transition some nap times to the swing and I even got her to sleep in her bassinet twice. On the whole I don't mind holding her while she naps. It means I just get to sit and stare at her. (Of course the house is falling down around us :) Every night we sleep in the recliner. I started this the day before hubby left because nighttime sleep is very important to me. And, if we sleep together in the recliner she will sleep for 4-5 hours and I actually have to wake her to feed her!! We have been doing this for about two weeks now. It has been pretty comfortable for us and like I said we get sleep! This morning, just for kicks, after I fed her I put her in her bassinet to see if she would go back to sleep. I crawled into my bed which I have only slept in once (for about an hour) since being home. Oh My Gosh did it feel good!! It was like lying on a cloud. I am a tummy sleeper so I just wiggle and buried myself in my pillow and sheets and comforter. I wanted to stay there all day (well, at least for about 30 minutes). I think I got to stay there for about 10. Oh, I know this stage of baby doesn't last forever and I am pretty sure this will be the last time I get to share these precious moments with a newborn child so I am not whining (not seriously whining). But, I gotta tell you I am looking forward to the day when I can crawl in my bed for just a few moments of uninterrupted sleep . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, sleep. I do remember it :) sigh. I love, love this post. Your honesty reminds me why I like you (and your blog) so very much.
Go read my blog for more kudos.
Here's hoping you get some cozy, tummy sleep in your own bed soon.