Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Nutcracker

One of the traditions I have during the Christmas season is I take the girls (and boy if daddy isn't home) to the Nutcracker Ballet. This is the 5th year I have purchased tickets. Grandma goes with us and the girls get dressed up and we have a really, really nice time. The girls love it and so do I. This year is a little different. I have still purchased tickets for all of us but because of EG's nursing problems I am not sure if I should go. I have always made sure that when we have a new baby in the house the other kids don't get slighted. I try to keep things the same as much as possible. Like taking them to ballet and tumbling or other special events. I have talked with Grandma and she is more than happy to take the girls alone but has kind of expressed the same concern. Will the girls notice that this year I am not going? (If that is what I choose to do.) Probably not. They would be tickled to go with Grandma. I have talked with Daddy and he has mentioned going along (with Boop) which I personally think would be cool. I can hear the girls talking in a couple years from now "Remember the year that daddy took us to the Nutcracker? Wasn't that cool??" I am not sure what I am going to do. I have always enjoyed taking the girls. It is something we do together that is special and girly. No matter what, I know my girls would understand. So many choices to make - so many decisions. Such a desire to do the right thing. Whatever that may be . . . .

1 comment:

Diane Moody said...

Ah, the Nutcracker. The tradition continues through 3 generations! It will all work out. Kids are resilient and doing things a little different now & then makes it all the more interesting. So do what your heart tells you to do, and know that they'll have a great time no matter what.

Read your previous post about your struggles with nursing, etc. Truly, my dear friend, you are an AMAZING mother. But as your other friend said, don't be so hard on yourself! You try your best, then move on to Plan B or C or D or whatever it takes. In the end, your little one won't measure your love by how long your nursed her. She'll love you because you're her MOM! Relax, sweetie, and enjoy the bliss of that angel in your arms.

Love & prayers,
d