Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me




Yes, 41 years ago today I was the first baby born in the little city we lived in. My picture, along with my mom's was on the front page of the newspaper. According to my mom we got a lot of free gifts and stuff. The article said I would grow up to be a model and that I was a Packer Backer for sure. I think it was the first year they won the World Championship. (They didn't have the Super Bowl yet.) Well, I didn't grow up to be a model but I am definitely a Packer fan!! I suppose growing up having your birthday on New Year's was a little bit of a challenge. But I remember always having a party. It was usually family and I remember it always being fun. I suppose I get lost in the shuffle of the holidays. But, honestly, it never has really bothered me. Whenever I tell someone my birth date they are always like "A New Year's baby." So that is kind of special. Last year for my 40th my mom, sister and I went to New York City. I would have to say that was a great birthday present! A dream come true. I had been there once before but only for a day. This time I got to go for 3 days and 4 nights. Still not enough but it was great!! Some of the highlights were Serendipity, a Broadway show and a carriage ride through Central Park. We walked everywhere and loved every minute. This year we are celebrating with friends and family. The best gift of all . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Happy birthday my dear friend.

You make 41 look goooood :)