Monday, January 26, 2009

Candyland


Yes I am talking about the game. I had a wonderful opportunity on Saturday to play with my baby boy. I have played games with him before but it has always been with the whole family. But Saturday Sissy came and got the girls so they could go spend their gift certificates they received for Christmas and that left me with Boop and EG. (Nice little break - I was even able to finish East of Eden - awesome book - highly recommended!) So, while EG was taking a little nap Boop asked if we could play a game. First he wanted to play Monopoly but I explained he needed to be a little older. So, his next choice was Candyland. We had a great time. He was an excellent opponent. Not a competitive bone in his body. He was very gracious in taking turns and was not bent on winning! He even wanted to go backwards because it looked more fun. I have always felt it important to always play by the rules no matter how old the child. That it is important to take turns and I never allowed the kids to move more than the should so they would win etc. And it has always paid off. All of my kids are pretty good sports. I so far haven't had melt downs when the lose or miss a turn. I know it is part of my OC nature but sportsmanship is so important these days. I like for them to be gracious losers. Sure there are moments with the girls when they get a little feisty but I explain it is only a game. You win some and you loose some. Boop grabbed those concepts very easily on Saturday. We had so much fun I played a second game with him! It was great to spend time with my baby boy alone . . .

No comments: