Saturday, January 10, 2009

Park Day


What a beautiful day yesterday. It takes a lot for me to venture out and yesterday I was glad I did. The kids and I met Grandma at the park for a picnic and nature walk. When we got there the kids played and played. The girls had been to this particular park with Grandma before but it had been awhile since Boop had been there. It has equipment for all ages. The kids got to play for about an hour. Then Grandma got the blankets out and we had a picnic in the sun. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chips, juice boxes, grapes, raisins and tangerines. Perfect picnic food. And yes, I actually nursed in public. It didn't go so well. I am such a klutz when it comes to that. Not a smooth operator like many of my friends!! Anyway, after lunch we went for a walk through the Frisbee course and over a wooden bridge. We saw purple and yellow flowers. A blue jay and a cardinal. We also spotted a beautiful yellow and black striped butterfly which Nature Girl says she has seen at Grandma's. The kids picked up various souvenirs. Rocks, sticks, leaves and flowers. Boop and I left early in hopes of taking naps when we got home (didn't happen :(. But the girls stayed with Grandma and they explored more of the nature trails. It went so well that I might be enticed to do it again . . .













1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like a very nice day! I love the pictures....