Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lunch Date


Yesterday Nature Girl had an eye appointment. It just so happened it was daddy's day off so I asked him very nicely if he would be interested in taking her. Then I wouldn't have to take everyone. He graciously agreed. I was thrilled!! Anyway, we have changed insurance companies and the eye doc didn't except our new plan. Long story short, Nature Girl didn't get her eyes checked. But, she did get to spend quality time with her daddy which was way more important! They went to look at new dressers for the girls' bedroom, the returned a scale for me and they made one other stop I think but I can't remember. Anyway, about 11 o'clock I get a call from daddy asking me if it would be OK if he take Nature Girl to lunch? Did I need him? Well, of course I need him. I always do. But I was tickled to death that they could go to lunch together. One thing I have wanted to be sure he does is spend some alone time with his girls. I was excited how that just kind of happened. The few times we have "planned" it something always comes up. They went to a "grown up" restaurant (not Chick-fil-A or McDonald's). Nature Girl got wings to eat which she loves!! I am sure daddy got some too. Now this Sunday is Little Mama's turn . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

So special. I know how much Todd loves to take the kids out one-on-one (especially if lunch is included). I like it too.
I have a breakfast date this Saturday, a friend from work, and I'm planning on bringing Leah.
And, excuse me, when did NG get so tall and old and beautiful?