Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Perpetual Motion

Bet you thought I was talking about Boop the 3 yo boy. Gotcha!! I am talking about me. It seems that every move I make is purposeful. There are no wasted motions in my day. I have often thought, if my life were different I would have been an efficiency expert! If I am in the bathroom I don't leave without putting toothpaste on the kids brushes. If I am in the cupboard getting glasses for morning drinks I get mine out that I use to take my supplements. Just this morning I knew that if I wanted to get a shower I was going to have to do it right after I finished feeding EG before Paul left for work. I knew I needed to wash my hair because tomorrow I needed to go out in public as well and I might not get a chance to. Every motion, every chore, every project is planned not just for its benefits for today but where it will help me later on in the week. Last night, meals were planned for the week. While I am in the school room getting ready for school I have started my blog post for the day. I will now take Boop to the bathroom and while he is getting dressed I will blow dry my hair. If I am in my closet I get out any card making stuff I might need during the day (in case I actually get to make cards.) My brain is always 5 steps ahead. I have already figured out what is for lunch and what is for dinner. What time Boop needs to take a nap so we can get to tumbling on time. It isn't even 9 o'clock yet. Part of it is a sickness, part of it is just survival, part of it is my need for control of the day. I have washed dark clothes this morning because daddy works three days and he needs his special black t-shirts for those days. Plus, he asked me to :) I went to lunch with a good friend on Saturday. I sat for almost an hour. When I got up my legs and back hurt. I wasn't use to sitting for so long. I think I am unique. Or a little off my rocker. Maybe there are others out there who share my sickness. If so, let me know . . . :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Let's see... I plan my hair-wash days too, thinking about my schedule for the next several days. I think very carefully about which load of laundry gets next priority -- will it be school uniforms for the boys? or does Luke need onesies?
Unfortunately, much of my motion is interrupted. My memory is shot, where was I going and what was I going to do when I got there?
I wish I was as purposeful as you. I think I waste a lot of time :)

Ann said...

Yes, most of my motion is interupted also and then 4 hours later I remember what I was doing!! The memory ain't what it use to be . . . when I was pregnant I blamed it on hormones. Now I just don't know - age or being overwhelmed - pick one - ha, ha!!

Mary Beth said...

Hey Ann - I share a bit of your sickness as well...even though I only have one! It must be a mom thing. :) (And a bit of an OCD thing!) Every night, I put out T's bfast bowl and medicine for the next morning. On Sunday, I make his lunches for the whole week of school. I lay out his clothes (and mine) for the next day every night. Gotta plan just to stay ahead of the insanity, I figure...