Saturday, January 3, 2009

Rejoice with Me

It is amazing how 5 hours straight of sleep can affect a person :) Yes, I had 5 HOURS of sleep last night. I needed it so bad!! I was smart last night I went to bed right after I put EG down about 9:30. Daddy came in around 11 and woke me to feed her one last time. We both looked at her and she was sleeping so soundly that I thought we would have an "experiment." (I love peeking in the bassinet and watching her sleep. She looks so sweet and peaceful.) The results couldn't be any worse than what had gone on for the last couple of nights ;) So, I just let her sleep. Finally, at 3:45 I woke up and was amazed! She was still asleep. I decided because of nursing issues etc. (and the fact that maybe we could all "sleep in") I would wake her and feed her and maybe she would stay asleep until 7:30ish. So I did. I put her back down and she wiggled a little bit and went back to sleep. Unfortunately I am a very light sleeper so around 6ish she started to wriggle but she never cried or fussed so I just watched for a little bit. The next thing I knew it was 7:28. God gives you what you need just when you need it. And I am VERY thankful for that!! It is amazing how some sleep can brighten the day . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

A stretch of sleep for a new mother does wonders for the soul. Happier, lighter, brighter.
Hope your day is awesome.