Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Thumb Sucking




Out of the four kids we have never had a thumb sucker until now. I turned around yesterday and here little EG had her thumb in her mouth and was just sucking away. It was soooo adorable. But then I started to worry about all the problems thumb sucking can cause. It has always been my view that at least with a pacifier you can have some control but with a thumb, well, it is all access all the time. Daddy's view was "Hey, at least she is quiet." Ha, ha!! Yesterday afternoon she was sucking her thumb and had her other hand twirling her "hair." It cracks me up that I have never had this happen before! It really is a precious sight. I guess like everything else in parenting it will work it self out. But for now I am just enjoying the sight (and sound!) . . .

4 comments:

Katie said...

Those pictures are precious. Those cheeks! Those big eyes! She's beautiful.

Kathryn said...

She is beautiful! That is exactly what Mackenzie Brewer does, suck her fingers and twirl her hair...

Diane Moody said...

She is so precious! Love the hair-twirling and thumbsucking combo. Yes, deal with the "habit" eventually, but for now just enjoy the view. GOSH, she's so cute!!

PS - Long overdue in catching up, but I'm so glad your ob/gyn situation looks promising. WHEW!!

Love to all!
d

Mary Beth said...

Adorable, Ann! And do not get too stressed too soon...Taylor did that same thing for a few months and then voila, he stopped on his own! Weird, I thought but it happens...and I totally know what you mean about how precious it is!! :) Missing you, girl...take care...