Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nighttime Dancing

Last night instead of reading we watched the Celtic Women DVD. Highly recommended!! It was one of the better gifts that Santa brought the family. Anyway, as we were watching these very talented, beautiful women sing tremendous songs from a castle in Ireland EG started to get fussy. The other kids were a little annoyed at the interruption so I picked her up and began to dance. This brought back memories. I have danced with each child at some point or other. It is one of the more wonderful memories I have of my childhood. I remember my mom picking me up and dancing with me. I used to dance with Nature Girl a lot. We would be home alone a lot at night and one way we would pass the time was to put in Willie Nelson's Stardust and just dance. Then as the family got bigger, daddy would have to be involved. So, he preferred Three Dog Night and we would take turns dancing and holding all of the "babies" as the music played. In all honesty we haven't danced together in quite awhile. So, last night when EG was fussing I just picked her up and around and around we went. The bigger kids got up periodically and danced by themselves. Life can get hectic and bedtime is so important but I hope we continue this future memory . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Yeah, we used to do that too, mostly when there were fewer children. It's a good family memory, maybe I should dust it off like you did.