Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Resolution







This is the first day since I have started this blog that I honestly didn't feel up to it and wasn't real sure what I was going to post. (Not that I didn't have plenty of time in the middle of the night to think about it.) At first it was going to be pictures of a review of the year but I can only figure out how to post 5 pictures at time and that wasn't enough. Then I was going to do boys and their toys but just didn't have the creative juices it needed to be worthy of reading. The holidays and lack of sleep have finally caught up to me! So, as I was standing by the washer and dryer doing my daily laundry (hee, hee) I asked God to place on my heart something worth while to type. New Year's Resolutions came to mind. I have long since given up any kind of typical resolutions. It is something we all think about or do but most of the time doesn't last very long. We have good intentions. Long before I had kids my New Year's "Resolution" was to be a better Christian. I still remember every day driving to work through French Town praying, asking God to help me make Godly choices. My Christian walk has grown and morphed into something totally different than what is was back then. My resolution today is still the same but it has totally different meaning. It is more real. Life was easy back then. My only real dilemmas were the older women at work who would talk bad about me. Oh, I made plenty of ungodly decisions and have asked for forgiveness for them time and time again. I made choices that I know I would never make again. I have grown - spiritually. My days are ten times harder and have huge consequences for poor decisions. (Thankful for the grace of God) My actions, words, deeds effect my whole family and then some - the most important thing in all the world. As I woke up (very early) for my second day in the new year my resolution is the same "To be more Christlike in my every day living - in thought and in deed." But I have added one more that no matter who you are and what you believe can be added to your list as well . . . to smile more. What a blessing and life changing experience to smile at some one or be the recipient of a smile. A resolution that might be a little easier to have success at . . .

1 comment:

Katie said...

Great pictures, great post. I'm still working on my resolutions, I like yours.