Friday, August 21, 2009

All Boy



I would be lying if I said there wasn't some concern about Boop being in a house of girls - all day, every day. There are times when I wonder about it myself :) Especially when he comes out of his room in a pink satin Sleeping Beauty dress. (Thank goodness it wasn't daddy's day off.) My thoughts to some degree are I can live with those things occasionally. What is the kid suppose to do? He is, all day, every day surrounded by females. I suppose I could chase him around and make him take the dress off. But, honestly, if it keeps him occupied and they all are playing nicely together I tend to look the other way. At least for a little while. I do, at some point, make him change and explain that he is a boy and he has a pirate outfit and policeman etc., etc., etc.

One major bonus is that he will most definitely understand women better then most.

He is like his daddy. Curious as to how things work. He has to get right into everything - touch, take apart, observe. Most times that makes me more nervous then the dresses. Daddy has a lot of tools. Many sharp and power driven. His grandma (Daddy's mom) has told Boop many stories of how daddy has hurt himself (many, many, many, many, many stitches) by his curiosity (and disobedience). The stories usually go something like daddy's mommy told daddy not to touch something because it was sharp, dangerous (you fill in the adjective.) And then daddy would proceed to disobey caving into his curiosity. Next stop a trip to the doctor. I hate to curb Boop's curiosity but I also don't want to go to the ER with four kids. Yesterday was one of those very close calls. Daddy was putting up a bed frame in the front room. Boop was his helper. He got too close to the bed frame that was just leaning on the mattress (just trying to get a closer look I am sure.) Daddy told him to get back. The next thing I hear is "Oh, s---!!!" And then Boop crying, just a little. Daddy yells "Get me some ice!!!" Then I hear "Get me a wet washcloth!!" By this time my heart is racing and I am running. Boop is crying but not screaming hysterically. Honestly daddy seemed a little more upset. I get in the front room and Boop's head is bleeding. But he is just kind of sobbing not really, really crying. I grab the rag, the ice and Boop and go sit on the couch. A couple of minutes later we determine no stitches are needed. A couple of minutes after that Boop decides he is fine to go to his book club meeting.

As far as I am concerned he can where pink satin dresses. He is tough as nails and all boy to me . . .

2 comments:

Katie said...

Boys. They make my heart stop with all their daredevil-ly things. I haven't been to the ER yet, but we've been close to going.
Glad to hear Boop's head is A-ok!

Ann said...

Wow all those boys and never a trip to the ER. That is amazing!!