Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Wipes Box


Is it time for a new one?? Daddy was looking at it the other day and said, "I think it is time for a new box." I have mixed emotions about that. We have had the current box for going on four years. It is Boop's old wipes box. The last vestige of him as a baby. For as many times as I am at WalMart, Target and the grocery store I could have easily picked up a new one. But, I am kind of attached to it. The hinge in broken and the tab that keeps the dispenser cover on popped off a couple of months ago. Now it is held together by the labels of the wipes packages. It serves its purpose as long as you don't knock it over or set the top on wrong. I give the top to EG to distract her while I am changing her diaper. My guess is I will keep it until we are diaper free and then maybe a little while after that . . .

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

You are the most hilarious women!! Keeping things like the old yellow sponge bath and the wipes box but getting rid of the swing, clothes, and other baby stuff!!! It might be breeding bacteria :) Ha Ha!!! I buy a new wipe box like every other month!

Ann said...

I never thought of it that way! :) I am a little strange. I will have to ponder that today. By the way, I still have the sponge and the bath and obviously the wipes box. Maybe I have a hidden need to hold on the breeding bacteria. Thank goodness the kids are no worse for the wear ;)

Katie said...

I'm with Kathryn -- I replace often because it's used for poopy diapers!
You might be strange. But in a GOOD way :)

Ann said...

I was feeling sentimental. Now I just feel gross :) Guess what I will be purchasing the next time at WalMart - ha, ha!! :)

Kathryn said...

Well you know I leave with Mr. Clean the paramedic that vacumms the car out every two weeks....so keeping a warm, wet, wipe box for four years would give him the creeps for sure! He even washes the bottles out after they get out of the dishwasher.

Ann said...

Maybe I could borrow him to give me a health inspection ;) Then again maybe not!! I would be scared to live in my own home. And you all would never come over again ;)