Monday, August 31, 2009

Tidbits for Today

As a Christmas gift from one of her grandma's Little Mama received a wonderful book that told the story of some very famous operas. As part of school last year we read through most of the book. And the stories were fabulous. When I was on Netflix awhile ago, I thought it would be fun to rent a couple of the operas so the kids could see what an opera is like. Last time it was the Magic Flute. This time was Hansel and Gretal. At first, they were kind of like "Awww geez." I like a lot of things but opera can be tough so I understood. I asked for them to give it a chance. Maurice Sandek (spelling) was the costume designer and we had done an author study on him awhile ago. Anyway, the little guys (Boop and Little Mama) hung through a little part of it but Nature Girl was hooked. "Hey, this isn't so bad." Now the funny thing is, this morning whenever the kids were talking to each other they were singing what ever they were saying as in an opera!! It was kind of funny.

Still having computer problems. Which is really very frustrating. I can't access other blogs. Access to my email (and everything else) is as slow as molasses in winter time. Skype works only occasionally. And the most frustrating of all is it has corrupted my pictures for the last 3/4 years. Thankfully my mom still has them on her computer. Still trying to figure out what the next step is considering a computer guy worked on it for four hours just a couple of weeks ago.

EG was in a pink frilly dress yesterday for church. Daddy looked at her and then the dress and just kind of mentioned it doesn't fit her personality. Have you seen the picture of her snorting?? She is sooo cute and adorable but she can hold her own. Not worried about her being the baby!

I have to wonder also, who designed the highchair we bought recently. (Still kind of bummed that we even had to buy one. Boop broke the tray off the other one. The seat had two tears that were held together by electrical tape. And I think we had already ordered one replacement part.) Anyway, this one has to be designed by a guy or by someone who doesn't have kids. There are soooo many nooks and crannies in it that food and crumbs get caught. In order to clean it properly I should take it outside after every meal and just hose it off and turn it upside down to shake the food out!!

For what it is worth, I started off the day using my brand new somewhat expensive shampoo and conditioner only to find out I bought to conditioners and no shampoo. But in an effort to find joy and thanksgiving in EVERYTHING, it was at 6:15AM so once again I was able to get up early and start the day ahead of the game.

Hopefully tomorrow (or certainly by the weekend) I will be able to post the first day of school pictures. Provided I can get them taken . . .


1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on.... hoping your computer is fixed soon....