Friday, August 7, 2009

I Did It

I got up at 5 AM. All by myself. Daddy thought I wanted him to wake me when he was leaving. I said that really wouldn't work because then he would be gone and I would be gone. Anyway, he and I talked for about 10 minutes. Then he said if I wanted to go I had better get going because he had to leave in 15 minutes. So, I got dressed, got my cell phone and IPod and a gun. Yes, a gun. It is dark outside. I know I have nothing to worry about but it did make me feel a little bit better. Quite a lot of stuff for a 10 minute walk around the block. It really was nice. I really did enjoy it. When I rounded the corner by the house I saw daddy in the garage with his car on just waiting for me to get back. He went on his way and I went inside.

Next on the list was to read my Bible. I am going to read the Bible from beginning to end when I start with the kids. So this morning I decided to read James. It is a letter from James (Jesus' half brother) to Jewish Christian's who had been scattered throughout out the unbelieving world. The book is full of words of encouragement and guidance. Verse two: "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience." Verse five: "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him." Verse 17 "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." Wow, what a great way to start the day.

That took me about 15 minutes. So, it was about 5:45. I had some choices to make: should I change the sheets and pick up the room, take a shower, start reading either "Created to be His Help Meet" again or "Red Badge of Courage" or Charlotte Mason, Vol 1. Or, should I go back to sleep. I had been up until almost 11. Then I was up for just a little bit a 3. So I opted for sleep. I told myself if I wasn't asleep by 6:30 I would get up and start my day. Of course I fell asleep and woke up when daddy called at 7:50. I don't plan on doing that everyday. Otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose. But, I just want to take baby steps ;) . . .

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

hello!!!!! That is awesome....let yourself sleep afterwards....you did great!

Ann said...

Thank you!!!!!

Katie said...

Good for you! I bet your whole day is better because of it (the walk, the Bible AND the nap).

Ann said...

So far so good but I try not to delude myself into thinking all of this good I am doing will fix ALL my problems - ha, ha!!!

Ann said...

But it has helped with the attitude today (mine that is ;)

Diane Moody said...

You go girl! I am so impressed!!! Wonder if it's possible for such things to rub off on others via cyberspace?? Here's hoping!

James is one of my most favorite books in the Bible! And it's the only one I've actually TAUGHT to a small group. Loaded with good stuff.

Pat on the back there, missy!
d