Thursday, August 13, 2009

Yesterday and Tomorrow

Yesterday we had some visitors that we had not seen in a very long time. When I worked and was first married I met a girl at work who was just recently married. We clicked right away. And she became a good friend. As life would have it, she got pregnant just a couple months after I did so we were lucky enough to be pregnant together. So, NG and her daughter have known each other for forever. My friend eventually moved away. Back to the city she came from. But we still remained friends. Occasional phone calls and emails. We visited her right after her second girl was born. My intention was to help her with her brand new baby and 3 yo. Her husband was traveling at the time. But, I just happened to be about two months pregnant myself so wasn't worth a flip. Thankfully my friend is very self sufficient and didn't need a whole lot of help. I think we did manage to keep her 3 yo occupied :)

Then we were invited to her baby girl's two year old birthday party. So we visited them for that. Much fun had by all. After that, though, we never really saw the kids again. I visit with my friend occasionally because she travels here for work. But yesterday my friend had a great idea. She had to attend a meeting here in town and decided to bring her girls! We were fortunate enough to be able to watch her girls while she attended the meeting. It is amazing to me how kids can just pick up where they left off. Nothing awkward. They just play. And play. And laugh. And run. And create. And have fun.

I was able to visit with my friend for quite sometime before she had to drive back home. We talked about a time when we would be able to visit them. (It is hard for us now because most people just don't have room for us.) They live in a beautiful beach community and we look forward to the day when able to go visit.

Now, tomorrow we get to go visit grandma! The kids are so excited. We have had to postpone our trip at least once so every one is very anxious to get on the road. We have no plans - just hang out. I am sure we will swim at Grandma's and a trip to the beach will be in order. Maybe this time EG and I will get to enjoy the sun and surf! Daddy mentioned something about taking Boop fishing. The kids are so excited they are packing already.

I don't think I will post again until Tuesday . . .

2 comments:

Diane Moody said...

Have a BLAST at Grandma's!! I know she's excited you all are coming! Take lots of pictures!

Love to all!
d

Katie said...

Have a great time, can't wait to hear all about your adventures.